Knox is a city in Center Township, Starke County, Indiana, United States. The population was 3,704 at the 2010 census. The city is the county seat of Starke County. The city was founded in 1851 and is named after General Henry Knox. Knox was the home of two-time Indiana GovernorHenry F. Schricker. Knox is located at 411739N863721W / 41.29417N 86.62250W / 41.29417; -86.62250 (41.294159, -86.622625), along the Yellow River. According to the 2010 census, the city has a total area of 3.92 square miles (10.2km2), all land. As of the census of 2010, there were 3,704 people, 1,457 households, and 975 families residing in the city. The population density was 944.9 inhabitants per square mile (364.8/km2). There were 1,633 housing units at an average density of 416.6 per square mile (160.9/km2). The racial makeup of the city was 96.3% White, 0.4% African American, 0.2% Native American, 0.3% Asian, 1.1% from other races, and 1.7% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.9% of the population.